Monday, October 3, 2011

Orthopedic surgery saves me from knee pain


When I reached my 50's and I started experiencing periodic knee pain, I always attributed it to overwork. I would just simply do some home remedy and after some time I will either forget about the pain or it will gradually subside. This has been going on for quite awhile now but since I can handle it, I never bother to go and see the orthopedic doctor at Randolph Orthopedic and Sports Medicine.

I thought things will stay the same until I'm old and have reached the dreary age of 90. But this is not what luck would have it. I soon realized that the dull uncomfortable feeling I was experiencing has suddenly become a full-blown pain which is progressing rapidly. The daily chores like vacuuming and even standing while washing the dishes become unbearable tasks.

I then decide to go and see my doctor who in turn told me that I have osteoarthritis of the knees. And that I must do something about it soon or the continuous rubbing of my femur on the tibia will render me crippled. This situation, I was told is the effect of the activities we engaged in which have damaged the cartilage lining the knees. I was advised to go and consult an orthopedic surgeon so that I can see the options I have.

The visit was a fruitful one because not only have I found someone who is willing to help me regain the use of my knees but I also met people who are willing to go out of their way to explain to me the whole process I will have to go through. They have also assured me with their usual friendly smile that the surgery will be successful and that I can regain the use of my knees particularly if I will remember to follow the doctor's order to the letter.

It has been months after my operation and I am so glad I followed my doctor's advise to consult someone at Randolph Orthopedics and Sports Medicine. You can also experience the success I have been enjoying if you will go and see an orthopedic doctor now.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the FANTASTIC post! This information is really good and thanks a ton for sharing it :-)
    Best Orthopedic Surgeons In Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete